Decaf Espresso beans...

drhiii

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I am about to enter into the world of roasting my own coffee. Have benefit of a local roaster who has shared knowledge. Not that it needs certification but among other things, he apprenticed at Gaggia in Italy for 2 1/2 years. Personally, am now fairly proficient at producing a very nice espresso shot from a excellent grind.

Additionally, wanted to ask of this group... am looking for recommendations for decaf beans that would produce a reasonable espresso blend. I know, decaf... but that is what I am aspiring towards and am very good at it now, but want to complete the circle by roasting decaf beans as well.

Recommendations anyone?

As an fyi, I have read many threads and searched for keywords but the most recent discussion of 'decaf' and 'espresso' is 7 years old I believe, and did not discuss coffee types.... am looking for any ideas on coffee beans to grind, so I can begin the journey into roasting and aspire to to a decaf espresso blend.

Thoroughly enjoy the forum discussions here. Very rich with info and enthusiasm....

Last edited by a moderator:

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
We use the same beans in our decaf espresso blend as out regular just use the swiss water decaf version.

FYI: decaf espresso is like a hooker that only wants to cuddle!!!!!