Decafe Espresso

coffeejoes

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I am in the process of designing a decafe espresso. I will look at MC and Water Process coffees. I am looking at Brazil, Sumatra, and Columbian. Is there a difference in crema production with MC and Water Process coffees? Comments and suggestions would be helpful.

coffeejoes

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with water process and MC decaf? Does MC process produce more crema than a comparable bean processed with a water process? I have been told that the MC process is less harsh on the beans but am not sure if there are any negative chemical aftereffects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ElPugDiablo

coffeejoes said:
Does anyone have experience with water process and MC decaf? Does MC process produce more crema than a comparable bean processed with a water process? I have been told that the MC process is less harsh on the beans but am not sure if there are any negative chemical aftereffects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MC process is one of the least damaging process to the coffee beans and there is no detrimental chemical effect. I think the crema is blond and weak no matter which decaf process you end with. I'd go with the one that taste the best which to me is MC.

ourcoffeebarn

Nov 8, 2004
Wisconsin
Visit site
I have VERY good luck with the Mountain Water Process decafs as both single origins and as blends. In fact my decaf Espresso is made with the 3 beans you mentioned! They roast almost like a regular coffee too, unlike the MC decafs I have used in the past, but I still have to watch the end of the roast very carefully.