De'longhi TrueBrew model CAM51035M

Microfiche

Mar 19, 2023
Kelowna BC
Visit site
Anyone here have one of these?

I just got one yesterday and trying to determine if it is defective or not. It has three settings for coffee strength - light, gold, and bold. I don't like weak coffee, but even on "light" I find the coffee super strong - and I can't really taste a difference between the strengths. As a test I tried to measure the amount of coffee it ground to make a "light" 16 oz cup and it looks like about 32 grams. If I am doing a pour-over, I would generally use about 35 grams for 30 ounces of water. They have an option to add ground coffee and their recommendation is for 21 grams of coffee for 16 oz cup (just a touch stronger than my pour over ratio), so it looks like it is grinding up about 50% more than that - and a pretty fine grind.

I have contacted De'Longhi but there is no customer service until Monday (if I am lucky). Curious to hear other experiences with this machine.

Toolworker

Aug 12, 2023
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Anyone here have one of these?

I just got one yesterday and trying to determine if it is defective or not. It has three settings for coffee strength - light, gold, and bold. I don't like weak coffee, but even on "light" I find the coffee super strong - and I can't really taste a difference between the strengths. As a test I tried to measure the amount of coffee it ground to make a "light" 16 oz cup and it looks like about 32 grams. If I am doing a pour-over, I would generally use about 35 grams for 30 ounces of water. They have an option to add ground coffee and their recommendation is for 21 grams of coffee for 16 oz cup (just a touch stronger than my pour over ratio), so it looks like it is grinding up about 50% more than that - and a pretty fine grind.

I have contacted De'Longhi but there is no customer service until Monday (if I am lucky). Curious to hear other experiences with this machine.

Hopefully your problem is long since solved, but I have two questions for you. FWIW the TrueBrew I got yesterday is too strong and bitter for me on bold, but pretty good on gold. I like it strong.

The simple question is, if the carafe is removed momentarily while the coffee is brewing, is there something to prevent the brew from dripping, or does it just keep flowing.

Then the complicated question: By mistake I bought the model without carafe. Fortunately I can return it. Or I could just buy the carafe separately. My model lacks the 40 oz setting, but it's no hardship to brew 16 oz., pour that first cup, and then brew the other 24.

So the complicated question is, is there anything else on the carafe model that would prevent mine from working with the carafe - like a special connection between the carafe and the spout?

Toolworker

Aug 12, 2023
SF Bay Area
Visit site
And I can't taste any difference between the gold this morning and the light I had just now. Maybe if they were next to each other but not by memory.

The bold is definitely stronger. The light isn't light.