Descaling questions - Belleza Bellona DB machine

santiagorf

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi,
I'm reading the machine's manual for descaling, and I'm confused about the steps I need to follow.
In the screenshots, I'm sharing the manual's section(from here)

a) Step 6 "The heat exchanger was then filled with the descaling liquid."
Why does the manual mention the heat exchanger when this is a DB machine?

b) Step 7 says: "Set the hot water lever vertically to switch off the pump."
Why does the manual mention a heat water lever in a machine if it doesn't have any?

c) Steps 8-10 refer to the brew group descaling.
But the brew group and the hot water outlet are heated by the brew boiler (as mentioned here).
That means the manual doesn't explain how to descale the steam boiler. How do I descale it?

Would you share your thoughts about the process since it seems confusing?
Or, would you refer to another descaling process for a DB machine I can use with this machine, where the water dispenser is from the broiler?

Would you share your thoughts about the process as it seems confusing to me?
Or, would you refer to another descaling process for a DB machine, where the water dispenser is from the broiler, that I can use with the Belleza Bellona?
Thank you!

PS: I know some people don't recommend descaling DB machines.
The problem is I have used it without a water softener for two weeks, and I want to make a preventive descaling to make up for these weeks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 2.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Mard

Sep 16, 2023
Canada
Visit site
Have you figured out how to descale? I have the same machine and I am wondering the same too. I do use treated water only, does that mean I don't need to descale at all?

santiagorf

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Have you figured out how to descale? I have the same machine and I am wondering the same too. I do use treated water only, does that mean I don't need to descale at all?
I wrote the seller about the steam boiler and their response is below.

About descaling, I just read a few different sources and all of them are pretty similar. So I guess I'll follow one of those when the timecones.

For the time being, I'm using a rocket filter in the tank, and I also fill it with an already filteted (Brita) water.

I'll probably descale the machine in around two years. Anyways take my words with a grain of salt.
Those descaling instructions seem like they were copied and pasted from another machine. Strange.
The steam boiler does have a drain on the bottom of it that could be used for the descaling process. Once emptied, the machine will automatically fill the steam boiler once it is powered back on.
You do need to use some extra caution when using the drain, as we've seen a few times now the entire body of the drain valve spin instead of just the cap, causing damage to the water lines. You do also need to be sure the steam boiler is nice and cool before opening the drain. If it's hot and pressurized, it will spray steam and you risk being burned.

Mard

Sep 16, 2023
Canada
Visit site
I do see a valve underneath the machine, is that for the water boiler or the steam boiler? How do you drain both boilers with only one valve? I saw the instructions for the Breville Dual boiler and they have two valves. Also how do you actually release the valve?

Also do you still follow step 8 onwards of the instructions? Since the instructions only speak to descaling the water boiler, I guess the additional steps would be to run the descaling liquid through the steam boiler (by operating the steam switch) and also running clean water through the steam boiler?

Thanks.