designing all-in-one roaster/grinder/espresso/coffee machine

CaliCoffeIEND

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

My name's Nick, I'm studying Industrial Engineering, and currently designing a "green bean to brew" all in one coffee machine potentially for my senior project. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the idea. Also, my team and I have a "kickstarter" page, where people post ideas and people can help fund the project to help us start production! Please check it out and let me know what you think.RoboRoast by Luke Iseman — Kickstarter

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
~ Hello "CaliCoffeIEND"....Nick

Welcome to the Coffee Forum website.

Your idea sounds interesting.

Roasted beans need to sit for a few days (at least) before grinding and brewing.

If you could design the machine so that the user can begin by roasting some green beans, and then they move along and rest in a degassing chamber for a few days. Then for the next few days roast some more beans, and move them to another degassing chamber. (do this for a few days) As the days go by, at the end of the line, there will always be roasted beans to grind and brew. However, I imagine the machine would take up a lot of counter space!

Good luck with your "invention"

Rose

FlyBoy4851

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Coffee grinder funding wanted can be made cheap

I totally agree with Rose. Its is a dreammachine. So many things to handle, it is already hard enough to roast real coffe´ and it is not easy to brew a perfect Espresso, sorry to say, but your idea is totally unrealistic.

How about designing a "perfect" grinder ? this is something which needs skill, but when you succeed you could end up making big money.
Take a look at the "Versalab M3 grinder", make it to perfection. I will buy it of you.

Cheers

Frank (sorry for my bad english)

I have come up a way for the perfect coffee grinder that can be set millimetre by millimetre electronically done to precision and it's quite inexpensive to make, the catch is I want to patent the idea but I need advice from a business equity partner. Any one wanna give me a hand, applicant would need experience in electronics, some programming language to move from digital display to hardware from a micro controller, and electronics skills and some cash, I'm the brain ..

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Any one wanna give me a hand, applicant would need experience in electronics, some programming language to move from digital display to hardware from a micro controller, and electronics skills and some cash, I'm the brain ..

It sounds like you have the idea and concept, but the partner you're looking for is going to need to be the person with the brain (and cash).