Diedrich's Coffee - Irvine Spectrum - Irvine, California

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
The Diedrichs in the Irvine Spectrum located in Orange County's City of Irvine was my choice for coffee yesterday while waiting to go see the Matrix. Two large coffees please. He takes my money and hands me the two large coffees, one for my friend and one for myself.

I go to the counter where the sugar and creamers are located. No half and half. I go up to the server and ask for the half and half he looks at me and says we dont have any, use whats out there. LoL wtf was that, I'm not going to use non-fat in my coffee. :p I ask for a refund for my coffee and he said rudely does it matter that much?! He then went to the back to look for half and half and didn't find any then handed me money for my coffee.

Blah, if you want your coffee one way why is it too much to get it that way and why didnt someone goto the store to get more half and half :)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
ummm...hello....how long have you been going to coffee shops? Don't you know that you are there for them?? And you better tip! :p I have been to many shops like that. The best thing to do is either write a letter to corporate and complain...Deidrich coffee is a good company and it is a shame that one person behind the counter can damage their rep! If you come to my shop you can get half and half...skim, 2%, whole milk...soy, and vanilla soy! :roll:

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
Deidricks Irvine CA Coffee Store Irvine Spectrum

I was probably just offset by the additude of the worker and everything else going on. I wont write a letter, I'm sure they will find this site or some worker of theirs will :) Just a little rant from me to everyone else, thats why the internet is so great :) When at the Irvine Spectrum I will go to Coffee Bean from now on and skip out on Diedrichs as the worker sucked :)

And I did go to the coffee bean, I tipped good :p

macchiato

kids nowadays... something should have been done abotu lack of half and half , seriously you are right, i don't think the store would have been too far! heck, if i worked at deidriches i would have probly walked over to coffee bean or whatever other competition and tooken their half and half hahahha, but that is just me, I'm a little bit clepto and can run fast.

uchen

Mar 11, 2004
Southern California
Visit site
I managed one Diedrich in South Orange County. It is depend on the Team Member you hired and how you setting the good example as a manager. In my store, good service, good coffee and smile is a "must" for each customer. Too bad...... Diedrich Irvine did not have that. That's why they closed down!

A good example of the old adage about customer service. The guy who gets great service tells 25 others.... the guy who perceives the service to be poor tells 100 others (or...as in this case...)posts on a discussion forum on the internet where 000's can read of his woes. Must work...as Uchen has said the store in question has gone under!