Different coffee drinks

CoffeeKid

Jul 1, 2006
United Kingdom
Visit site
Hiya im new here, im quite young (13) and i really enjoy coffee drinking/making.

I usually drink cappuccino made using my expresso machine and the steam nozzle on the side.

Can somebody tell me in rough the diffrence between all the different coffee drinks.

I know that cappuccino is an espresso with steamed milk and frothed milk and i know that mocha is a chocolatey version and an espresso is a plain black coffee with no milk. What are all these amerricano drinks and what is the true difference betwqeen latte and cappuccino?

thanks in advance,
dan

CoffeeKid

Jul 1, 2006
United Kingdom
Visit site
No need now, i have done some looking into it and have found out alot.

I have just made a superb latte that i am drinking as we speak, i have now mastered the art of good milky froth.

love8me

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
a cappuccino is served in a shorter cup and is usually half espresso and half steamed milk, with a generous amount of foamed (or frothy) milk dolloped on top with a spoon. The foam is often topped with cinnamon powder or shaved chocolate.

a latte is often served in a taller mug and contains more steamed milk than espresso. As previously noted, it too usually has foam, but it is not unusual to ask for it without foam.

If you want more out of your coffee drink, whether it be a latte or a cappuccino, it is always advisable to ask for "no foam," since the foam can replace a considerable amount of the actual coffee/milk beverage.

mentness

Aug 3, 2006
Newcastle, UK
Visit site
Learning to foam

Good work nice to see someone showing an interest at such a early age

There is always more you can learn about coffee

Check coffeegeek.com for some milk foaming guides

They have some good reviews of machines which i'm sure you can bug your parents for.

http://coffeegeek.com

Keep up the good work

maybe you'll be able to do this soon

127038500_309bbe4514.jpg