Discount for Coffeeforums Members

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
As a thank you to all in the forum who have given me advice and even coffee samples
(and got me hooked on the good stuff), I'd like to offer exclusively to Coffeeforums
members, the following discounts on our biscotti products:

Use coupon code cf33 for 10% off (no expiry and any store item qualifies)

Use coupon code cf37 for 25% off our four packs (expires July 17, 2008)

Thank you,
Edward Ard

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Ed,

It was very nice of you to offer a discount to Coffee Forum members.

Your new web site is great! I'm sure lots of people will be wanting to check out (and taste) your delicious looking biscotti.

I especially appreciate seeing that one of the coupon codes has no expiration date. Are the coupons for a one-time use only or can they be used over and over again???

Rose

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rose, the cf discount codes can be used multiple times,
with no minimum or maximum order requirements.

Once you're at the final checkout page, whether choosing
regular checkout or PayPal, you will see a place to enter the code:

Coupon Code / Promotional Code (optional)

Enter the appropriate code, then click Apply.

:grin: Thanks for asking. :grin:

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Topher,

Yes we do private labeling on our products.
In fact, we're working on a project now with a
small coffee roasting company over in Florida. :D

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
I was going to order a 4 pack but had to cancel. First I have to say that $7.95 to ship one 4 pk from Mass to CT is excessive. I can get 2lbs of coffee shipped from Calif for that or less. Even so I proceeded as the discount offset the shipping costs. Unfortunately you don't accept Discover??? so that was that.

You might want to consider using Priority Mail if Fed Ex Home is that high. A 1lb box would cost $4.75, free pick up & all shipping materials are provided free of charge.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hey JohnB, you've mistaken the 4-pack to mean a single box, in fact it's five packs total. Here's an excerpt from the store item:

"Includes one 4-pack of each: Classic Almond, Coconut Macadamia, Mocha Hazelnut, Chocolate Raspberry Almond and Lemon Cranberry Pistachio for a total of 20 biscotti."
http://www.davidsbiscotti.net/images/DSC00238.2.JPG

PS - our FedEx fees are less than what UPS and USPS charge us for orders over 3 pounds. Also, sorry, I dropped Discover when less than 5% sales came from there. I'll pm you with some additional info.

Thanks guys.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
nickmuso said:
Hi Ed,
Glad you finally got your website sorted. Good job.

Nick, you just reminded me about our friends abroad. I need to apologize for not
mentioning right away that we don't ship internationally.

So, to these members, please accept my gratitude for the advice you've been giving in the forum.
Especially those who have given me advice (user names only):

Davec - UK
Alun_Evans - Between West Java, Indonesia & Singapore and New Zealand
NickMuso - UK
Heidi - Iceland
CoffeeDetective - Montreal

If I missed someone, I'll come back and edit you in, thanks!

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
I was aware of what the 4 pk is, I just didn't think that 20 pieces of Biscotti weighed 3 lbs!! Evidently your Biscotti is cut larger then what I typically buy in a retail store??

I'm surprised that you get more A/E business then Discover. I dropped A/E several years ago because of their high cost, ridiculous demands & the fact that hardly anyone ever used it in my business. Discover costs me no more then Visa/Mc to accept.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi John,

You're right, our biscotti are larger than most. Added, because biscotti are fragile, the packaging materials almost equal the actual biscotti weight, thereby doubling the weight of the package. In five years, no one has commented on receiving a single broken biscotti from us. Most of our competitors don't take this as seriously as we do. If the local egg farm delivered me a bunch of cracked eggs, I would have to refuse them in the same way. That's just me.

The shipping charges are set up so that the customers who order multiple items get the better deal. An order of the four packs might cost you $7.95, but two orders would only cost $8.95. When records indicated that most customers placed orders for multiple items, I decided to implement this policy, not just as a bonus, but also as an incentive to buy more. The more you buy the more you save strategy. Also, the smaller orders help to cover packaging materials and handling.

On the other hand, we are very generous with free samples. You just have to push the right buttons. :D

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
You know, we get almost as many AmEx as MC & Visa pmts. Their fee is a little lower, but they hold onto the funds a day longer, which is fine by me.

Since we began accepting PayPal, most customers are choosing it over entering their personal info into our checkout section. It's cleaner, more efficient and it's automatic because I don't have to enter the customer info into the credit card terminal or deal with the paper receipts. So far, the payments through PayPal clear the bank sooner than manual credit card pmts., for the same fee. If anyone isn't using it, check it out, it saves time and paper.

JohnB

May 30, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
davidsbiscotti said:
You know, we get almost as many AmEx as MC & Visa pmts. Their fee is a little lower, but they hold onto the funds a day longer, which is fine by me.

Since we began accepting PayPal, most customers are choosing it over entering their personal info into our checkout section. It's cleaner, more efficient and it's automatic because I don't have to enter the customer info into the credit card terminal or deal with the paper receipts. So far, the payments through PayPal clear the bank sooner than manual credit card pmts., for the same fee. If anyone isn't using it, check it out, it saves time and paper.

I don't know what you are paying for CC discounts but I've found Paypal's discount fee to be much higher then what I pay for Visa/MC/Disc. They hit me 3% on U.S. sales & 4% on foreign sales.