Disposable Coffee Cup

dontspillthebeans

Feb 2, 2006
Visit site
I'm a design student at the University of Minnesota and as a project, we were told to redesign the imfamous disposable coffee cup. We have come up with several concerns and have broken them down in to groups, which are: Cost, Safety, Mobility, Function, Appearance. Now I was wondering what you thought was the biggest design flaw in the disposable coffee cup? Or if you have any possible solutions feel free to post them as well. Otherwise, we created a little survey you could fill out.

How pleased are you with the current design ( scale 1-5, 5 being most pleased)

What would you say the biggest concern out of Cost, Safety, Mobility, Function, Appearance?

If you could change one aspect of the cup what would it be?

Thanks Everyone!
-dont spill the beans

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
hot coffee cups are always an issue, there are several "hot touch" cups out there which get mixed reviews due to cost and styrofoam or plastic feel. The rest of us us the famous sleeves.

Maybe there is a design where the "sleeves are built into the cup?

LaBelleCoffeeShop

Feb 9, 2006
LaBelle FL
Visit site
Design Idea

What about something like a double walled cup with a small honeycombed material between the two walls to hold them together and to create a small air insulated barrier, the honeycomb would also make it really sturdy.

Wow I like this idea, hum the biggest draw back I think would be cost on this design.