Divinci Sauces

Patricia Denison

Jun 7, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
A question for anyone using the Divinci Sauces. The bottle says "refrigerate for best results" or something similar to that. Do you keep your sauces refrigerated? I can't imagine doing that. I am now using the Ghirardelli sauces and I do not refrigerate them. I am thinking about switching due to taste and cost.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey P.D. it's always better to do what the manufacturer recommends. For example, Hershey doesn't mention keeping it in the frige so most don't. Does Ghirardelli recommend keeping in the frige? I've found that when temps are warmer some sauces may grow mold, so that may be one of the reasons to keep in frige, especially if you don't use a certain sauce that often. Just a thought 8)

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
11 lb bottle?

I switched to D. sauces about 3 months ago....didn't lose a single customer over it...I had been using Mt. Blanc before that - way too expensive...

Mnt. Blanc cost $12.4 for a 64 ounce bottle....Davinci is $9.20 for a 176 ounce bottle....wow I thought...I was fearful it would taste bad...and to be honest I am not happy with the chocolates as much as I am happy with the caramel. The dark is ok though very dominate tasting...the white ...mmm...I'm looking for ways to modify it a little..

Now as to your question...I don't see refrigeration as a need expressed on my 11 lb bottles? And they are not refrigerated on the shelf of my distributor either....though they do say store in a cool place...which is an issue for me in the summer...I keep them in my house :( since my warehouse space is definately too warm.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
You have to remember this stuff is designed to be shelf stable. So as long as it is not open, a warmer warehouse won't be a problem. I think if it has been open longer then a month its time to open another bottle. I really don't care if it is 3/4 full, it has to go.

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Cool...CCafe...I went by the exterior box on the 4 - 11 gallon container case....it said store in a room temperature or cool area. There is nothing on the box or the containers about refrigereation - after reading this original post I had to do a double look to make sure.

Good news....Cash & Cary has a sell on Davinci's this week...caramel is down to $9.xx for an 11 gallong bottle and even less by the case...chocolates are even less - I think just under $8 a bottle and $29.99 per case. Sale goes through 7/27 so I'll be stocking up with cash flow over the next 4 weeks.

kimmie

Jul 26, 2005
singapore
Visit site
Da vinci 's syrups

Da Vinci syrups have 2 years shelf life..i thnk the refrigerate part is just like the same thing that a barista would recommend that once u grind your beans, you need to keep in an air tight container for best results..
so no worries as i kept mine open for the longest time..1 btl for my testing of drinks..and i m still alive..so long!! :lol: