Do you put whipped cream on hot cappuccinos or lattes?

Dc2021

Aug 23, 2021
S11 8XB
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm curious. When you go to a coffee shop, do you ask for whipped cream on top of your hot cappuccinos or lattes? Does the barista ask you if you want whipped cream?

I have a hard time understanding why someone would want to have whipped cream put on top of their espresso drinks, especially when the coffee is topped with a creamy milk foam or froth.

Personally, when I'm making a coffee drink for a customer, I don't ask them if they want whipped cream on top. But, some people seem to automatically expect it to be there when I hand them their coffee, and they act like I'm shortchanging them. It's annoying to have to take it back to add the whipped cream. I don't have a problem putting whipped cream on the iced cappuccinos, mochas, and lattes.....but it really bothers me to have to put it on the hot drinks (except hot chocolate). It just doesn't feel right.

~ Rose
I think whipped cream is always a great addition to a cappucino, latte and especially hot chocolate! You can buy cream chargers in bulk which don't go out of date so if your customer requests whipped cream you can always have it in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Espresso con panna yes. Everything else no. Funny thing is I never had sold a con panna until 1 day I changed the name to an avalanche and instead of pouring the whipped cream on top of the espresso I put the whipped cream in first and poured the espresso over it. We charged $.50 more and people loved it. lolz.

S

SmallFry

Hello everyone,

I'm curious. When you go to a coffee shop, do you ask for whipped cream on top of your hot cappuccinos or lattes? Does the barista ask you if you want whipped cream?

I have a hard time understanding why someone would want to have whipped cream put on top of their espresso drinks, especially when the coffee is topped with a creamy milk foam or froth.

Personally, when I'm making a coffee drink for a customer, I don't ask them if they want whipped cream on top. But, some people seem to automatically expect it to be there when I hand them their coffee, and they act like I'm shortchanging them. It's annoying to have to take it back to add the whipped cream. I don't have a problem putting whipped cream on the iced cappuccinos, mochas, and lattes.....but it really bothers me to have to put it on the hot drinks (except hot chocolate). It just doesn't feel right.

~ Rose
Like a lot of folks, I started my coffee shop days with cappuccinos and lattes. I'll occasionally froth some milk at home with a whisk if I feel nostalgic, but I generally go for a nice clean V-60 made with home-roasted beans of African origin. My wife drinks hers with milk, but I prefer to drink them "neat" and savor the floral and fruity notes they offer.

Dc2021

Aug 23, 2021
S11 8XB
Visit site
Hello everyone,

~ Rose
Whipped cream on any hot drink is amazing to me! I've even resulted to buying a cream charger to make my own drinks at home.

Latest posts