Does anyone know anything about Carribou Coffee?

tboz

Aug 25, 2004
Visit site
We are in the process of opening up, or at least in the beginning stages of opening up a drive thru espresso. I recently found out that Carribou Coffee is planning on coming into the area with up to 5 locations soon. Does anyone know if they have drive up service? One location will be located about 1 mile away from our location. I am not concerned if it is a sit down shop, just a drive thru.

Polo

Jun 8, 2004
Kansas
Visit site
I tried one while in Charlotte, NC on business recently and it was good. It was a sit down shop on the lower level of a large office building in downtown. It was that or go to SB. I wanted to try something new. I have no idea if they are doing drive-thrus. It was a rustic, mountain lodge type of atmosphere. Very unique.

Aliciajane

Oct 10, 2004
Boston, MA
Visit site
Anecdotal Info

Hi - I'm new to the newsgroup, and still a novice in the coffee field. However, I saw your post and wanted to tell you that I've been seeing Caribou coffee locations since the mid-nineties (starting in Minnesota and now trickling outward to places like Ohio and Virginia). I've not yet seen one with a drive-through.

They do foster a sort of fireplace-and-mountain-lodge atmosphere where possible. The location I saw in Ohio was nothing but a kiosk inside a downtown Cleveland mall near the Ritz Carlton. But I haven't seen a drive-through yet. They do sell a lot of packaged coffees, like Starbucks. Atmosphere is generally very friendly, in my experience.

I hope this helps.