Does anyone know where I can rent espresso machine from NY?

nancylee

Apr 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,
I was planning on buying a machine, but ran into cash flow problems. The company told me originally that I could rent a machine, but now that I am not buying, they are annoyed, and refuse to rent a machine. Since I am opening in 3 weeks, I am in trouble. :cry:

Does anyone know of an upstate NY or any other coffee company that can rent me an espresso machine? A company in Albany, NY, that says it will rent won''t, so they are not a possibility for me. Any info is greatly appreciated - thanks!

steve

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Re: Does anyone know where I can rent espresso machine from

nancylee said:
Hi all,
I was planning on buying a machine, but ran into cash flow problems. The company told me originally that I could rent a machine, but now that I am not buying, they are annoyed, and refuse to rent a machine. Since I am opening in 3 weeks, I am in trouble. :cry:

Does anyone know of an upstate NY or any other coffee company that can rent me an espresso machine? A company in Albany, NY, that says it will rent won''''t, so they are not a possibility for me. Any info is greatly appreciated - thanks!
you can rent from [address removed by Moderator - see poster's WWW button]

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Re: Does anyone know where I can rent espresso machine from

nancylee said:
Hi all,

Yes, it appears that you are in serious trouble.

If you do not have $5-$10k available to purchase the main income producing component of your business (assuming that this is for a coffee shop) how do you expect to have sufficient funds to operate your business while you build a customer base? You should obtain bank financing or funds from a private investor before moving forward. Starting a business with insufficient capital will ensure your failure even before you begin: http://www.cafemakers.com/coffee-business/budget.html

It is better that you STOP NOW and reorganize your approach now before taking this path.

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Andrew makes some good points. Having sufficient working capital while building a customer base is imperative during your start-up phases. Have you selected a coffee roaster, I hope?

Instead of renting you may want to discuss a lease option on a machine. Your espresso machine is THE most important piece of equipment (and your grinders) in a coffee bar environment. It is also the biggest profit generator, and should be thought as an investment. I would contact a few roasters that also work with equipment ...

- Matt