does anyone make their own base product?

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
did you end up finding out if anyone made their own base? I am in the same situation and trying to make a base for my blended coffee drinks.

I found out non fat milk help with the foamy-ness but, am stumped from there. I tried flavorless gelatin which thickens it up but, am reluctant to add it because it just sounds so weird as part of the ingredient list.

If you found out any info please let me know!

Thanks!

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
SunriseCoffeeLasVegas said:
did you end up finding out if anyone made their own base? I am in the same situation and trying to make a base for my blended coffee drinks.

I found out non fat milk help with the foamy-ness but, am stumped from there. I tried flavorless gelatin which thickens it up but, am reluctant to add it because it just sounds so weird as part of the ingredient list.

If you found out any info please let me know!

Thanks!

how long do you steam it? and 2% milk is good. I like french roast with a 2% milk for my latte. another thing for ice coffee drinks is lots of creamer this can add some nice foam when done right.

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
So, use creamer for blended drinks? I noticed when I use full fat milk the frappe gets really foamy.

Non fat keeps the foaminess down but, lacks depth in the frappe.

I read somewhere that pectin gives it a creamy texture that you get in the starucks frappes. Gonna give it a try tonight and let you know what happens.

I used condensed milk and that was ok. Just to sweet for my taste.

Have you tried non dairy powder?

Gonna try cocoa powder and see what happens too.

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
Cocoa powder is ok. depending on the type I tried the same thing once and it tasted horrible! Cocoa powder can be bitter so use it right. skim milk is too weak but I use it because it's all I ever have on hand. I have tried non-dairy powder and the affects were good because too much dairy is not good for you and it's good to always have a real coffee flavor.

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
I found the missing piece to making a perfect blended frappe!

It gives it a creaminess and binds all the flavors together and keeps my COGS way down compared to buying a frappe base.

I made a mocha frappe and it tasted way better than 'Bucks. It was so creamy and I only used 2% milk, two shots of espresso, little bit of caramel and vanilla, chocolate syrup, chocolate sauce.

don't know if I should tell...

Josh

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
SunriseCoffeeLasVegas said:
don't know if I should tell...

WHAT?! I'm shocked! Mainly because I know for fact you didn't just figure it out on your own.

Secondly, because you (sunrisecoffeelv) are my partner!

And Third, my girlfriend!

Share the love my dear.

and of course the secret ingredient is a tiny pinch of... PECTIN! (spelling?)

The best thing about pectin, is that you can add it to usd organic ingredients and the resulting produc can still retain its organic label.

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I am so glad to have a partner so, intelligent. I hope when the end times come you can also go to heaven in a white chariot.

YOu know why?

Because you are so freaking self righteous!

Love,

SunriseCoffeelv.com

(by the way, the pillow is in the store cuz that's where you will be for the next two nights!)

truebean1

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
What kind of base do you want to make? If it is just the coffee then use a toddy and go about 1 pound of coffee to 1 gallon of no more than 150 tds RO water. Cold extraction gives you the concentrated coffee without being too astringent or bitter.

Hamill23

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
Ship your product directly through Drop Ship Products

The online business deals are sometimes very time and money consuming. But now through Drop Ship Products you can ship your products directly to the customer. In terms of money it just simply means sell a product at retail price, and then buy it at wholesale rates.