Does Coffee Stunt Your Growth?

G

Wow, these posts are so inspirational. After so many years of worries, i finally have sufficient facts, to say that coffee absolutely does not stunt growth. Considering i'm 17 and only 4' 10, i was always led to believe that, my height was a result of all the coffee i've consumed since i was a child. Now i can say i drink it more than ever, i've become dependent on it, especially during those long nights of studying. Though now my body has become immune to it, i feel i must have it at least once to get me through the day.

G

i always drink coffee. every morning. black. i wouldn't say i'm "stunted" because of it. i'm average.

G

I'm almost 17, I started drinking coffee at a about 4-6 cups a week last year, I'm 5'8, but the only reason for that is because I weight trained my legs so they stopped growing (that's right I look like a umpalumpa)... Just be reasonable, EVERY SINGLE substance in this world can be harmful if consumed at a heavy dosage.

G

coffee

i am 15 years old..i have drank coffee since i was 13 years old...my younger sister has developed breast ...and they are ALOT bigger than mine..im an 34 A ...is there any chance that the reason i am not developing breast...is becasuse i have drank coffee since i was 13..every morning..

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
Re: coffee

Anonymous said:
i am 15 years old..i have drank coffee since i was 13 years old...my younger sister has developed breast ...and they are ALOT bigger than mine..im an 34 A ...is there any chance that the reason i am not developing breast...is becasuse i have drank coffee since i was 13..every morning..

Everyone is different, and grows up differently. Your sister having larger breasts then you has little to do with coffee intake. Although this is a pretty unprofessional opinion, I just know a few coffee drinkers with large breasts =D

G

no

caffien is said to stunt growth merely because you do almost all of your growing while asleep. If you are not asleep, you cannot grow as well.

G

Nokia3590 said:
Yeah I drink coffe a lot and I'm 6'2.
Man your short i've been drinking for ever and i'm 6'6 and growing

G

Re: coffe addiction

Excuse me Sam Smith, but marijuana is ILLEGAL!!! DUH!! So why would someone be so stupid to switch from coffee....which is NOT ILLEGAL...to marijuana....that is ILLEGAL!! You must be crazy to think that marijuana is better than coffee!!! And guess what...I am 13 years old and about a million times smarter than you!!! If you want to ruin your life...go right ahead, but when you get caught and get arrested, it will be your own fault!! As for coffee...you can't get in trouble for drinking it!! However...you can get in trouble for smoking marijuana and being high!! But if you are to stupid to realize that and keep on making your life a big mess...go right on ahead. Though...if you sell it to a child or anyone...you are messing up someone else's life and future and that is just plain wrong!!! So you can take someone's advice and stop or keep on being stupid and doing something you know is wrong and ILLEGAL!! :evil:

G

im soooo short

im only 11 but i have drinked coffe sense i was 6. i am only 4'7 and all my freinds are like 4'11 to 5'2. my mom and dad are giants and im soo small. my doctor said the reson for my short growth is cuz of coffe. ( she explained to me and my parents that when you drink coffe it tends to make you less sleepy. she asked me what time i usually go to bed and i said 11:00 and she said that the average growing 11 year old goes to bed at 9:30 to 10:00. the reson i have trouble sleeping is because of coffe. i was told that i am expected to grow to about 5'0 if im lucky. the shortest they said i will aproximitly be is 4'10.) my girlfriend is even taller than me, shes 5'0 exact. :cry: [/quote][/b]

G

Re: I am 6'10"

ya well i dont think you could drink 30 cups a day dumbass :grin:

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
it wont stop you from growing

i can say without any doubt that coffee will not affect your growth rate at all.
heres one, ive been drinking strong filter coffee for as long as i can remember (since about 5 years of age) and ive always been the tallest girl in my class from grade 1 to grade 12.
i am also taller than most of the women that i work with but i can say that coffee does make you age faster.
a very close friend of mine has never touched a cup of coffee in her life (she's 22) and she looks sooooo much younger than the others her age.
plus, ive found that ppl who have problems with a dry skin should avoid coffee, it seems to affect it in some way...dont ask me why, it just is.

i, on the other hand, have turned into a caffiene junky and i start off every morning with 2 double espressos and then drink about 20 cups of coffee at work. IN CASE YOU DIDNT KNOW, IT IS ALSO NOT TOO HEALTHY!

BUZZZZZZZZZZ!