Does Expresso have a cleaner stimulant effect than coffee?

Coffee Para Me

May 22, 2005
Visit site
I've heard from a few different people, that they get a different effect from expresso than coffee... is this true?

Could it be, that because of the short extraction time, that only some of the compounds in the coffee are extracted into your cup, leaving behind other compounds in the grinds?

Drip coffee seems to get everything out of the grinds, into the water...but expresso might be different...

Anyone have any thoughts?

For instance, sometimes I feel that drinking expresso drinks doesn't give me such a JOLT as coffee does, but I also don't come down from it as fast, or have as many anxious side effects as it wears off... most notably I don't feel crappy in my body...

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
First of all, eSpresso not eXpresso. 2nd JOLT cola has as much caffeine as 2 cups of coffee. So when you drink a few your going to get that jolt. If you look around on the forums you should be able to find how much caffeine is in a single or double shot of espresso.

Espresso and coffee should give you the same effect. Except for the espresso won't make you urinate as fast as coffee. The other side affects to espresso can include a dry feeling or and give you one hell of a thirst for water. If you drink enough in a row it can act as a laxative too.

Coffee can do the same but you have to drink a lot more.