Does your job affect how much coffee you drink a day?

caffeinenz

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Im a student researching and designing a mini magazine on coffee. And am wondering if your job affects how much coffee you drink daily?
Maybe you work late nights or long hours.. Am very interested to hear your thoughts.

nickmuso

Jan 7, 2008
UK
Visit site
No, my job doesn't effect how many cups I drink. I am self employed and work at home and so could drink as much coffee as I want. But I have a routine and always drink 2 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea a day.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Being self employed to me means no limits on coffee breaks!

Here's one I did, courtesy of http://www.stripcreator.com
and Davec's http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/coffee-humour

l_220b09e188e5ac21a356ab45b297316a.jpg

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
Job

My day job requires a 70 mile commute one way so I need coffee to get me going in the morning, on my way to work and when I get there I have a couple of cups throughout the day. I drink about the same amount on the week-end so it is hard to say how much is for work and how much is habit.

omegapd

Sep 4, 2008
Deep South, GA
Visit site
I'm a police officer in a small town and have worked the night shift almost exclusively for the last 6 or 7 years. Needless to say, I go through a lot of tobacco and coffee a week to help me stay awake. :wink:

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Look alive coffee fiends, we have an officer of the law on board...

Not sure if you've been welcomed yet, so -
Welcome to Coffeeforums.com Omegapd!!

Glad to see you've found some interesting topics to reply to. Try the forums "Search" if you want to read about anything imaginable coffee. Since you're the law, you might get some free gourmet coffee beans, if you stick around these parts. It's been a little slow, but posting comes in waves.

I'm originally a deep south fella myself (Louisiana bayou boy), hope you're keeping things safe and secure back home. :wink:

(Nice MySpace photos)

drluvgood

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
I definitely have to say Yes :) - I''m working part time and the days that I am working I really have to get myself a few cups extra because I get up earlier than usual.
Those days I''m at about 4 cups, normal days between 1 to 3 max.

hturley

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't say that my job necessarily affects the amount of coffee I drink, but I do have a certain coffee routine that is due in part to where I work. For several months now, I walk over to to a coffee shop for coffee with some of my coworkers around 9:00 every morning. If I wasn't in that job or in that routine I think I would still drink the same amount of coffee, I'd just make it at home more often than I do currently.

raydarluvr

Sep 23, 2008
Gautier, Mississippi
Visit site
How much coffee I drink affects how much job I work daily!
Actually, my level of alertness affects how much coffee I drink. I love coffee and drink a fair bit, but more so when I am tired or lethargic.
:-D

caffeinenz said:
Im a student researching and designing a mini magazine on coffee. And am wondering if your job affects how much coffee you drink daily?
Maybe you work late nights or long hours.. Am very interested to hear your thoughts.