Drinking coffee problem (very old discussion thread)

G

Hi everyone,

I am a coffee maker designer who work in New York. I would like to design a new coffee maker. Anyway, I try to do a survey and get some suggestions here.
Do you have any problem when you use the coffee maker?
Do you have any suggestion to improve your coffee maker?
your opinion is so important to me so that I can design a "prefect" coffee maker. Thanks....

phaelon56

Sep 25, 2003
Syracuse NY
Visit site
The ideal coffee maker (I assume this is a drip coffee maker for home use) should have the following:

- Pre-infusion that wets and saturates the grounds with a pause afterwards before actual brewing starts.
- Adjustable brew temp control with a digital readout that allows the user to set the temp from about 190 to 205 degrees. Default should be about 200 - 203.
-Brews into a stainless steel double walled thermal carafe
- Has a brew time for a full pot of about 4 - 5 minutes.

Check the technical specs for Fetco commercial drip brewers. If someone could build a solid home brewer that did the same things on a small scale there would be a significant market provided that the retail price coudl be about $200 or soo and it was properly marketed.

bluecoffee

Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Easy to clean is my suggestion! :p
And for the style Why don´t you try a line for story of the coffee, origins of the coffee for example Sumatra line, Java line, Antigua line (maya stuff) you know things like that, very diferent and very original. Colors, imagens with the flavour and the aroma of coffee.
just a suggestion. Because the coffee is not only the package is a world, many people are involve in the coffee, there are so many tales and so many lifes.
:)

Coffee :-D !!!!!!!!!!

Shen

May 31, 2012
Singapore
Visit site
Why sometimes I drink coffee in the afternoon without lunch, I have a stomach ache? Usually in the morning after breakfast I am fine. Am I drinking coffee at the wrong time?

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "Shen"

It seems that you have already noticed that you feel better when you have some food in your stomach.

Lots of people have a problem drinking coffee on an empty stomach. Try having lunch first, or at least try eating something before you drink the coffee.

Rose

Shen

May 31, 2012
Singapore
Visit site
Hi Rose

Very thanks for your reply, friendly speaking my city Singapore, most people don't discuss much knowledge on types of coffees but to me it's worth joining the forum. Because my purpose is to share and discover better knowledge from your members. Yes after eating something is more better as I learn a better habit toady.

Regards

Last edited:

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Shen;
My best friends wife also has a problem with acid in coffee. She has found that cold brew coffee has helped alot as cold brewed coffee has less acid in the cup. Something to think about if eating first doesn't totally help.
Brian

Shen

May 31, 2012
Singapore
Visit site
Hi Brian, I don't think cold coffees may affects our daily life eating & living lifestyle, more important is you have to know those environment are they clean enough or not to brew a coffee. I lately discover few months ago I buy a traditional coffee from an old shop outside the market, and there's 1 to 2 times I got stomach ache from the similar stores, while I even drink Star bucks and The Coffee Bean across my cities Singapore, there's no problem and those coffee were fine.I would advice to watch out those coffee makers and places you may visit.

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello Shen;
Not sure if you understand what "cold brewed" coffee is. It is a process where you put ground coffee into cold water that then steeps/infuses for 12 to 24 hours to create a concentrate and then you can use that to make a cup of coffee. This method has proven to decrease acidity in coffee by the brew method.
Brian