Drinks for Kids

twilson92

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Hello all~
I have an espresso drive thru located near a family recreation area and I'm interested in offering more drinks specifically for the children.
Being a mother myself, I would prefer to offer something on the 'healthy' side.
(The kids are going to be wired enough without my help :wink: )
Thanks
TW

If you are looking for healthy drinks with minimum of fuss, I would recommend reselling juices like Odwala or some other fresh bottled juice. There used to be a brand called Fresh Samantha in the northeast, but they got bought out. That would give you healthy and no mess - just a fridge.

Also, juice is a good fit because kids generally are not into coffee because they have less refined palates. To make coffee taste good to kids, you'd need a lot of milk and sugar. That tends to work against your "healthy" requirement. Granted there is a lot of sugar in most juices, but you can probably rationalize that with all the vitamins and other stuff.

Also if you have a drive in, you'll be able to see if you customers have kids in the car. Ask them what they would like. Think of 3 to 5 options and ask them. Fresh juice, bottled juice, hot capp (blech - but kids like it), decaf iced coffee (you can make some flavored iced decaf coffee drinks that kids love) or smoothies. If you have a drivethrough, I would not suggest smoothies - it depends on how much room you have to work with and your ability to manage your inventory of fruits etc without spoilage costs that get too high.

Good luck. Let us know what you end up doing and how it goes.

-James

twilson92

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Thank you James

My son’s favorite drink from any drive-thru is a “sugar-free Strawberry
Italian Cream Soda - with WHIP CREAM!
I was thinking of something that I could market just for the kids.
I checked out Davinci’s and Torani’s web sites and found some ideas, such as the...
Batman Blast
Ingredients
ice
1 oz Raspberry Classic Syrup
Yellow Lemonade
Directions:
Fill a 12 oz glass 3/4 full of ice and add ingredients. Mix well.
Yield
one 12-ounce serving