drive through coffee shop

corrie

Oct 29, 2003
Visit site
I am trying to start a drive-through coffee shop in my town. I know there is a niche for this and am starting to do some research on starting a small business. Has anyone done this and if so, can you offer some start-up suggestions?

corrie

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi Corrie:

And to all of those interested in wanting to start in the coffee/espresso business. We specialize in drive thru set ups and support. Sometimes you may not know the questions to ask when starting this kind of business. We'd be happy to assist. We offer a catalog free of charge (print out) from our website. This is a starting point and in addition when you are ready, we are here.

Visit www.seattlegourmetcoffee.com

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
Drive-thru Coffee Shop

Coffee Guy - I've seen a few drive thru coffee shops in my life. One was in a small town in oregon years ago, it was in a parking lot and cars would like up on both sides driving through picking up their coffee. I see location as a key factor, in your experience where have most of these drive-thru coffee joints been located?

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Good question Coffee Lover...In our experience we tend to look more where the driving traffic is,i.e., traffic lights, near freeway on ramps (morning traffic), and heavy residential areas. They seem to be the most successful.

kellyanderson99

Jan 21, 2004
Lake Geneva, WI
Visit site
Hello Corrie-

Just wondering how far you've gotten on your drive-through coffee shop?

I am working on a project for school and am writing up a business and feasibility plan for a drive-though coffee shop.

I am looking for a list of these types of shops so I can contact some owners with my additional questions....if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kelly Anderson
[email protected]

rbduha

Feb 20, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Drive Thru Coffee Shops

The Yahoo discussion group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EspressoDriveThru/ has some wonderful pictures, files, and information. It is however a terrible discussion group because all they want to do is chat about everything but drive thru's. I found this site because I was not able to find any hard information from existing drive thrus. Hope I can find it here. No consultant's please. I am having a company build me a drive thru. Pre manufactured, self contained water. Trucked to the site, taken off with a fork lift and set on a slab. I will then have to hook up electricity to the building. All of the electrical in the building is already being done by the manufacturer. I used 200 amp service. I know that is overkill but at the time of manufacture it is not very expensive.