Drive Thru Coffee Shop Press Release

Java 2 Go

Mar 26, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone have a press release for their drive thru coffee shop that I could look at

I need to look at one that exists to get insprired to write mine

I dont want to copy it, just get an idea that worked

Thanks

Gord

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Hmm... well, I suppose finding a relevant example will depend on what you are trying to annouce!

There are plenty of books about writing press releases that you can find, including this one on Writing an Effective Press Release. Also consider going to the websites of successful chains; they will often publish their press releases online.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I worked in both public relations and editorial in a previous life :wink: The key to a good press release is to make it newsworthy. By that I mean it has to be unique and you must put a good spin on it. Just the fact that you would like to announce the opening of a new drive thru won't do it. Plus no editor rather it be print or broadcast is going to use it unless there is something interesting about your drive thru. I might suggest that you collect a group of core people, i.e., close friends, relatives, and some of their contacts and get there input, take a few interesting photos of your place. Make sure you have at least 3-4 good shots with a caption for each. This way if someone does pick it up they may use one of them. Your photos should concentrate on the customer at your business, not your business. You want to tell the story of how the customer enjoys coming to your new business. Get my point?

Now the biggest thing you will need to do is get yourself a list of the local media (media guide) and find out who their feature editors are along with their direct phone numbers and email addresses.

O.K. that's enough...I'll have to start charging if I go any further :wink: Anyway start there.