Drive thru Coffee

bbcoffeeco

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
I'm looking for someone who actually owns an independent drive thru coffee Kiosk, like Coppertown, Java Grande, DutchBrothers who would be willing to give me information about how they got started, what it cost and how you are doing. I am interested in starting my own in the town that I live but do not want a franchise. There are none here that I am aware of so it is hard to get real information other than from the franchisers. I am NOT interested in going with a franchise. I want to know if someone can actually make a living owning one or two. Thanks

UnderdogTackett

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Yes - you can make a living in drive through coffee

I purchased 2 independently owned drive-through coffee shops; one was very profitable (net over $50k) The second was unprofitable, but the sales price was cheap so I decided to see if I could turn it around; we did, and it now provides a nice return on the cash invested.

Both are absentee owned business models (although I have a trusted business partner who works at one, and a reliable store manager at the other).

Obviously, there's a huge range of profit here. If you actually worked at the shop, you could probably make another $20k on top of the net. It's a scale business so 1 person owning 2 is more profitable than what 2 separate people would make if they each owned 1 shop.

In sum, you can make a good living owning a drive-through coffee shop.

coffeeaddict

Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Coppertown caught knocking off competitor's website

It looks as though Coppertown has been sued by a competitor for knocking off copyrighted material on their website. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Here is the link to the law suit. www.coppertown.com

I own a Java Jo'z coffee drive thru store and really enjoyed the experience. Good luck to you.

CoffeeAddict