Drive thru shops

Buck

May 24, 2005
Lake Charles, La.
Visit site
Hello all. I would like some input from eveyone about drive thru only coffee shops. I am interested in opening one or more in different areas of the south, but have several unanswered questions. I have been to different web sites looking at each one that I can find, but there are so many. Is getting a franchise better than going it alone? Should I start out with just one or try multipule sites? I would like to eventually have several shops from Louiaiana to Texas. Because of the damage done by our friendly hurricane Rita finding employees may be a problem in this area of Louisiana. Texas has no hiring issues. Am I shooting to high? I am retiring in less than 2 years so time and travel should be no problem. Any thoughts either good or bad will be appreciated.

janetgaddy

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Me Too

I live in central texas and i am kicking around the idea of a drive thru also. Lets stay in contact and learn from this exprience.

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
Drive thru

I am researching the idea of a drive through also for the purpose of adding value to my existing locations.

Numbers: assuming:

open morning to night: gross revenue of $500 per day $15,000
rent - $1500
food costs 30% $4500
payroll 1 staff $3000
utilities $500
Total $9500 gross net $5500.00
you can plug in your own numbers to this i.e. if you work the store your self you can reduce your labor costs.