Dry mouth

jeff54321

Nov 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have been searching for the answer to a coffee question and joined this forum in hopes of meeting with success in my search.

My question:
Some coffees cause very dry puckered mouth and others do not. What is the difference between coffees that cause this and those that do not? Thanks in advance for any light that you can shed on this.

Jeff

Natalie's

Feb 12, 2006
NH
Visit site
Caffeine is a diuretic and the higher the caffeine level in the coffee and quantity you are drinking can can cause dehydration to the point of experiencing a dry mouth.

Try decaf. to see if the problem goes away

Buddyholly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Nespresso. I have been drinking dark roast all my life, but from day one my Nespresso causes dry mouth. I wii experiment with decaffeinated.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it’s true that caffeine is a diuretic. That is why heavy coffee drinker looks for water after finishing a cup of coffee. Arabica coffee has lesser caffeine than other coffee, thus Arabica tastes better. To avoid dryness in the mouth, you better drink coffee that has lesser caffeine concentration or drink more water.

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
There are many people I know who get dry mouth after they drink coffee. It never happened to me though. You should drink water and espresso based drinks to keep you hydrated whenever you feel less saliva in your mouth. Also, you must not drink coffee which have higher concentration of caffeine. Decaf will be best for you.