East Coast Roaster checking in

EastCoastRoaster

Apr 29, 2010
Central New York
Visit site
Currently its a hobby. It's fun and my wife likes it, too. Who knows were it will lead. Together we consume about 80 gms of roasted beans for 4 12oz cups of coffee a day. That pushes the little air popper pretty good. If I want to share my roastings with others, I think I'll need to increase my roasting capacity - plus I'll need to move indoors during the winter, so I'll also need a venting/filtering capiblities as well. So I'm starting to look at dedicated roasters.
-ECR

EastCoastRoaster

Apr 29, 2010
Central New York
Visit site
You don't say... Sure do know Cortland. I was born there! Went to Homer Central, class of 72. I also was on the Cortland YMCA Swimming Team for most of the '60's. I attended SUNY Cortland for 2 years and I worked at Rubbermaid/Canford for 17 years before they up and left town. I then got a 2 yr degee from TC3 in Infomation Technology and now live in Syracuse working at the University in the IT department.
What's your story?
-ECR

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
I was born there also and lived there for most of my life. I graduated from Cortland Junior-Senior High School and also graduated from TC3 accounting degree. They got me my first Job at Crescent Corset, later changed name to NCC Industries. I worked there for about 15 years in IT. Just before they folded I got a job in Delaware for Playtex apparel who was owned by Sara Lee, I worked there for 4 years then transfered to there division in North Carolina. I worked there for 6 years (10 in total) and then was laid off. I now work at Kidde Safety that makes smoke detectors ans fire extinguishers and have been there for 4 years. I love it in the south, no snow. I also can roast coffee outside year round down here.