ECM Giotto Classic problem

Bill

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
I am have trouble with the connections for the water probes. the machine thinks its out of water when its not. After shaking the water reservoir the machine then realizes that it does have water and continues to work until next time. Then I have to shake it again. I have heard of others having similar issues with the connectors. Is there a fix for this?
Thank You

Bill

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
I have cleaned them and used steel wool to remove any oxidation that could lead to lost connection. Anyone else have a fix for this problem?

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
I expected CCafe had the most likely troubleshooting advice (Iowa clearly has more than just corn :) ). Since you still have an intermittent circuit, look for a loose connection at the sensor probes, a cracked solder connection, or a cracked circuit board.
Good luck, intermittently good circuits are the toughest to diagnose and fix.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
We got some cows, a few pigs and a ton of ethanol plants popping up all over the place. Gee Mr. Bush you don't need to visit Brazil, just stop by the Midwest some time! :roll:

As for what CafeBlue said, you may also want to break out a multimeter and check to see how much resistance the wire has. Once in a while you get a bad wire that could have a few hundred to a couple thousand ohms. On such a short wire you should see zero ohms.