eithiopian coffee beans

G

Eithiopian coffee drinkers please tell me what is good about the eithiopian coffee. I've stuck to standard coffee and heard mivox bring it up. Is the taste of the eithiopian coffee grinds distinctively different?

:) INMan :shock:

Attachments

• coffee bean.png
    coffee bean.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 14

mivox

Mar 10, 2003
here
Visit site
The ethiopian beans I was referring to are "wild harvested" which means they're not raised on cultivated farms and they don't use pesticides or chemicals on them, so that's good for the environment. They're also harvested and processed by local collectives and small farming families instead of big corporations, so that's good for the local economy in Ethiopia. And they're processed by sun-drying in the pod, instead of being removed from the pods before drying and then being washed. That not only conserves water (which is good for the environment again), but also gives the beans a more complex flavor. It's hard to describe.

I just ordered a blend I haven't tried before, with Ethiopian and Timorese beans... should be good. I'll let you know next week after it arrives. :)

G

ethiopian coffee

Mivox thank you for your quick honest reply. Wild harvested sounds like organic beans the way they are gathered also. Ethiopian beans having a complex flavor too hard to describe means I will have to try them myself to figure out a description. Let me know how the ethiopian coffee beans you ordered turns out and if it makes that perfect cup of coffee.

:roll: INMan :eek:

Attachments

• red mod w black.jpg
    red mod w black.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 16
  • roasters 2.jpg
    roasters 2.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 17

colin99

Apr 17, 2003
Canada
Visit site
notmuffy said:
The beans seem green and the coffee is on the bitter side.

Any fresh roasted ethiopian coffee, like a Haraar or yirgacheffe,
is not going to be bitter... if it is prepared properly..

It is going to be rich, thick with an earthy quality, complex with
port-wine signatures on the pallet, with a nice citrus finish...

Colin99

notmuffy

Mar 25, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Port-wine? Citrus? Are you sure these beans are from Ethiopia? :D

ok, ok, I know you were just describing the flavor... It just seemed funny to me to hear all those words in the same subject :lol:

G

queation?????

do u know that Starbucks coffee using wat kind of coffee beans?

notmuffy

Mar 25, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
:shock:
Are you asking or telling? I know Starbucks has a bean they say is Ethiopian, and the beans are greenish. I have had their blend the couple of times Ethiopian was "coffee of the day"... I can''t remember it that well except that I didn't personally care for it. Too bitter.

Aug 17, 2003
NJ
Visit site
Hello everyone!!! My 1st post, but hopefully 1st of many to come...

I just roasted (last week), Ethiopian Wet-Process Sidamo. I roasted these French/City High. The beans were moderately dark Brown with some surface oil. Here are my notes:

Wonderful aroma. Good amount of depth & complexity. Full, rich taste. Medium-to-full body & finish. Very pleasant finish of about 20 seconds. But, you can taste the coffee in your mouth for about 15 minutes after the last sip. Very nice, well balanced, & impressive cup of morning &/or after dinner coffee.

Then, I roasted the beans Espresso/Full City. The beans were dark, shiny, black, & oily. This was done just as a test. And, as I suspected...the beans were over roasted.

So, I would recommend these beans.