Electrical/Plumbing Cost How Much?

rgs2rchs

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
I’m trying to get an idea on how much plumbing and electrical work is going to cost me.

Scenario- The building will have 2 ADA compliant restrooms, so no plumbing or electric required. The floor is a concrete slab so that will need to be penetrated for plumbing and possibly electrical requirement.

Equipment to be supported:
3 group espresso machine
2 espresso grinders
1 bulk grinder
2 UC refrigerators
1 ice machine
1 6ft display case
2 4ft Italian ice/gelato cases
1 Ambex YM-5 roaster (after burner not required)
2 Blentec blenders
1 upright 2 door refrigerator
1 upright 2 door freezer
1 panini grill
1 triple sink
1 service sink
1 hand washing sink
1 coffee brewer

Based on this how much should I plan on spending?

ElPugDiablo

What is the total amperage (single phase or 3 phase equipment?) and what is the total btu for the Ambex? what about HVAC? Does the building have existing gas line? Is the current electrical panel big enough for your need or you need to install a new one?

rgs2rchs

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
ElPugDiablo

This is an existing building with gas line and roof mounted HVAC system. Current electric supply is 200 amp I’m asking for this the be upgraded to 400amps to be paid by lease holder. Just in case how much is this type of upgrade?

Other responses:
Ambex roaster is natural gas 45,000 btu electric is 120/60hz and 6amps single phase.
The Espresso machine is a Cimbali /M39 DT3/tall. 220v single phase as well.
Bunn Brewer is 220v single phase

All other equipment is 120v or 115v all single phase

ElPugDiablo

I am building a second shop, and I need to get two new 3 phase boxes totaling 400 amps, it cost me about $5,000. If your landlord is paying for it, then adding another 200 amps box is at least costing him half of what I paid. If you don't have to worry about bathroom, gas line and HVAC, you get to save a bit of money.

The cost also depends on the complexity of your requirement and how easy the building is to work with. My first shop is 1500 sq ft but the building is pretty easy to do the work, my second place is 900 sq ft but it's an old building and tough to do the work. For both of my projects, Even though the second shop has less equipment and no roaster, plumbing and electrical work out to about $40,000....And my wife is a tough bargainer.

rgs2rchs

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
ElPugDiablo

you stated that I could save a bit money if the bathrooms, HVAC, and gas line are already in place. So did the 40k include those items?

Just to be clear... I'm focusing on plumbing/electrical for equipment and sinks for the shop. I do know we will need to penetrate the concrete slab to have the necessary plumbing for our equipment and of course supply electricity to them.

Don't mean to be a bother but want to make sure.

Thanks

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
This was in 2004. Our shop is 1100 sq. ft.
Electrical
espresso machine (40 amp)
3 grinders
small on counter fridge
gelato case
gelato maker
ice maker
tea brewer
2 door fridge
undercounter fridge
2 handsinks
1 waste sink (dump bad drinks)
1 3 compartment sink (with undersink grease trap)
1 mop sink
water heater
80' of low voltagetrack lighting
standard florescent lighting for kitchen
8 additional outlets for laptops in seating area

Cut concrete to install drain lines as well... accounts for about $1500 of cost.

Electrical: $12600
Plumbing: $14500

Total $27100

ElPugDiablo

rgs2rchs said:
ElPugDiablo

you stated that I could save a bit money if the bathrooms, HVAC, and gas line are already in place. So did the 40k include those items?

Just to be clear... I'm focusing on plumbing/electrical for equipment and sinks for the shop. I do know we will need to penetrate the concrete slab to have the necessary plumbing for our equipment and of course supply electricity to them.

Don't mean to be a bother but want to make sure.

Thanks
The first shop included two bathrooms and gas line for a Diedrich IR-12 plus afterburner, can't remember but I think I asked for 200,000 btu.

The new place included one bathroom, and new electrical panels.