Employee's

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
Everyone knows how difficult it is to find good employee's, what do you do to keep them. There is only so much you can pay them, do you have other methods of rewarding them or ways to keep them pumped?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Degrade them as much as possible...break down their self esteem so bad that they honestly think they could not get a job anywhere else..make it so they feel they are lucky to even have the job they do have. Remind them...that when they started they filled out an application..with their home address on it...they also put their parents or next of kins info...tell them you are not threating them...just wanted them to be aware that you did have that info. ummm...just kidding? I guess I have been real lucky....about 99% of people I have employeed have been awesome..more loyal than you could ever imagine...to the point they would help you hide a body
:shock:

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
Hard to explain in an e-mail, but you develop trust and loyalty over time. What you do is put your self in there Job and imagine how you would want to be treated. Always treat your staff as human beings and with respect. That is sometimes more important than $

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
get them involved

I try to keep them involved in the company. I have them pick out retail or let them help with the orders. It makes them feel valuable and keeps the job interesting. I also get a coffee magazine and latte art videos that I let them look at to keep up the interest.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Respect goes a long way...in both directions. If your employees treat you with respect, the same applies for them. Depending on the length of time they have been with you, and how much they have to do with the sucess of your business can help you determine a reward system for those that have done that. If you have some sort of reward system rather it be bonuses, dinners, or even profit sharing, all of those if handled properly can be major incentives to boost moral. If you have a good manager in place, involve that manager with planning some of these things with you. This keeps that person excited and willing to step up to the plate without you asking them, and the benefits can be great. We can tried a few programs like this, and results have been positive. Some things may not work for some, and for those that don't try a different approach. Always keep in mind that you are on the top of the chain of command and looked upon to provide the leadership. Everything starts and stops with you. So if you set a good example hopefully it will trickle down and everyone will do the same... :grin: