Equipment required for roasting

JackR

Jun 18, 2004
Visit site
Hello everyone...

Im relatively new to this great forum (and the business itself) and would like to ask someone to clarify what kind of equipment (in addition to roaster) would I need to operate small, boutique style roasting company in Canada?

Kind Regards Jack

msjules022165

Oct 9, 2004
Visit site
Also, depending on the size roaster you choose, and your local EPA requirements you may - or may not - need an afterburner.

Most small 'countertop' roasters don't produce enough effluent to require an AB; however, if you get into a larger free-standing roaster and your area requires destruction of pollutants you may need an afterburner.

I'd compare several different manufacturers' experience with dealing with these issues before settling on one.

daredvl_edm

Mar 30, 2006
Edmonton
Visit site
Afterburner

On the subject of an Afterburner, how big of a roaster do you need in order to have an afterburner. If you are starting out, wouldn't it be a good idea to purchase a somewhat reliable and bigger roaster for volume. Plus what is a normal price range for an afterburner?

Osteele

Hello Jack.

I'm wondering if you ever got your coffee roasting business off of the ground.

I'm located in Montreal, Quebec, and have been thinking of entering the coffee business as well.

Would love to hear about your experiences so far.

Till then....best of luck

Peter

JackR said:
Hello everyone...

Im relatively new to this great forum (and the business itself) and would like to ask someone to clarify what kind of equipment (in addition to roaster) would I need to operate small, boutique style roasting company in Canada?

Kind Regards Jack