Espresso Machine - Help Required

malice911

May 11, 2022
Gauteng
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I recently purchased an espresso machine (model linked below), and I'm trying to see if I can replace the portafilter and basket for some better results in terms of espresso shots. The machine comes with a pressurised basket, and I'd like to experiment with non-pressurised baskets and naked portafilter if possible.

My main issue is that I cannot find any manufacturer documentation that comments on the design standard or portafilter size that comes with the machine. From my best measurements, it looks like the inner diameter of the portafilter is ~56mm, and the inner diameter of the basket is ~52mm - but this was done with a tape measure and not callipers since I don't have callipers. Can anyone tell me if it's even possible to find more precision equipment in these sizes.

I will attach pictures of the portafilter and basket for reference as well.

Machine: https://www.eigerliving.com/product/eiger-romeo-2-cup-espresso-machine/

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Thanks and Regards,

Apeace

Nov 4, 2023
USA
Visit site
Any update? I have never had a coffee machine but after years of relying on cafes for my daily fix, I think it's time to invest in one. Where to buy? Any frigidaire reviews? The convenience of brewing my own coffee whenever I want, just the way I like it, sounds like a great idea. Plus, think of all the money we'll save in the long run.

Last edited: