Espresso Machines

eric speer

Feb 16, 2004
California
Visit site
To the experts:
My second Saeco Superautomatica is on its last legs and I am shopping for a replacement. I want to move into the semi automatic world for a better cup but am not ready for a fully manual lever machine. My on line shopping has led me to three apperantly quality machines: The Rancillo Silvia; The Isomac Venus; and the Solis S70. A broad range but for quality I am willing to pay the premium. Any advise on pros and cons of each of these machines?

Thanks in advance
Eric

itsjona

Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
espresso machine choices...

i got the 70, but when it came to me the PF (a 53mm rather than 58mm) gasket was missing. since i wasn't able to use it, i can't say anything about it performance. Baratza is paying for the machine to be returned and fixed. they're are reputed to provide great customer service.

i wasn't very impress with the machine from the outside. i did alot of research and selected it based on what's on the inside. the face of the machine is covered by a stick on label, the switches were a different style pictured and the handle of the steam wand is cheap plastic with lots of difficult to clean areas. it just wasn't very impressive. maybe they spent too much money on the innards? i don't know.

anyway, i found a really good deal on a sylvia and have decided to give it a try.

good luck,

jonathan