Espresso Machines

rikin_in

Apr 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi am opening a new coffee shop with a sale of 100 cups of coffee a day....I have decided to go with two 2 heads coffee machines but m confused about which to choose. I have finalised following machines:

From Nuova Simionelli:
Appi Semi Automatic
Premier Semi Automatic
Aurellia Semi Automatic

From Gaggia
GD Compact

Please fill free to suggest any other coffee machines.

Cheers
Rikin

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
The Aurelia is Nuova Simonelli's flagship machine, it replaced the Program VIP. It has a 16 liter boiler and a 4500 watt element. The version you are looking at is the no frills model.

The Appia is the new middle machine with a 10 liter boiler and 3000 watt element. Has has some new innovations that help make better espresso. Talk to a NS rep for more info on the changes.

The Premier Max has a 9 liter boiler and 2700 watt element. This is their basic model. WYSIWYG! That's it and nothing more. If you need to get your feet wet and you don't mind upgrading down the road this is probably the machine for you!

rikin_in

Apr 2, 2007
Visit site
Thank you very much for the info its been helpfull to me. Meanwhile i also wanted to know that are the fully automatic coffee machines good for the coffee shops or it is better to with the semi automatics. And if you could also tell me what would be the benifits for fully automatic.

I have selected few fully automatic machines as well:

Essence - Twin DC
http://www.dejongduke.nl/?pg=EssenceFM

Brasilia - Roma Cappucino
http://www.brasilia.it/en/bar-line/roma.htm

Please suggest me whatever is the best. Thank you.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Lets go over some terms because you might be misunderstanding them.

Lever machine or sometimes called a Manual - Requires you to pull a lever to make a shot.

Semi-Automatic - Has no dosing circuit and requires you to push a button to start and stop your extraction process.

Automatic - has a dosing circuit, requires you to push a button and will stop at a predetermined time for pulling your shot.

Fully-Automatic or Super-Automatic - is a fully contained grinding unit/espresso machine that requires no action from you other then pressing a button and it makes the drink.

In your first post I was assuming you were talking about a Semi-Automatic or were you referring to a automatic machine?

The Brasilia comes in a semi and a automatic, it is not a super auto.

The Essence - Twin DC is a super auto.

rikin_in

Apr 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for clearing my concept. Yes in the first post i was looking for the semi-automatics only but i also wanted to consider the option for the super automatic machines for my coffee shop. I am still in confusion which kind of them would be good for a coffee shop selling 100 cups a day and which company to go for????

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
The nice thing about super auto machines is that you only have to invest in one machine. Most of the time the footprint of that machine is very small and would work very nicely in a cramped environment.

Most traditional 2 group machines will need 4 - 5 feet of counter space. This is because you will need an espresso grinder and some room for you syrups, pitchers and anything else I forgot.

I personally like some super auto's. If you search my past posts you will see I like to preach the Cimbali M2. I also like some Jura's, but not the Capresso's.

But a lot of people will tell you that you will loose everything that a nontraditional machine brings to your coffee shop. Such as the art and showmanship of producing espresso.

But you will gain consistency and training is a lot less time consuming. You will save a lot more on employee turnover just from a training aspect.

I think a traditional machine would be good for you to get your feet wet with first. Then make the decision down the road on upgrading to a super auto.

edhagan

Jun 15, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Automatic Espresso Machine

I used an ECM Michelangelo Sorento 2 head austomatic for two years. The macine performed very well. The automatic feature made for a consistent tasting product. If you haven'y purchased a machine yet, I have this machine for sale. It has only one year of usage because I had two espresso machines and would alternate using them. For info on the machine go to http://www.burgessenterprises.net/2311- ... chines.htm. I paid $9,500 and would take $4,000 for it.

Ed
[email protected]
(210) 260-9880