Ethiopian Biloya Special

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
I hope this doesn't create any waves with other Roasters, but Paradise Roasters up in Minneapolis just received the highest rating that Kenneth Davids has ever given. Got to check this out:

http://www.coffeereview.com/review.cfm?ID=1413

Paradise must be doing something special as a nuumber of their recent efforts have received extremely good notices. In any case, I thought folks would find this interesting.

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
My shipment is on its way, but apparently this lot of Biloya was only 500 pounds to start with, so if anyone is interested they should act very soon. I'll report back on it when my shipment comes in.

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
Got the package last week. The short but sweet version (no pun intended):

This stuff grabs you by the throat and screams out, APRICOTS! I have Ehtiopians with berry flavors before but not like this. Outstanding in every way and I can see why Ken Davids gave it a 97. Great job!

farmroast

Jun 8, 2007
Amherst, MA.
Visit site
[quote:b298e4e170=\"Nodezone\"]Got the package last week. The short but sweet version (no pun intended):

This stuff grabs you by the throat and screams out, APRICOTS! I have Ehtiopians with berry flavors before but not like this. Outstanding in every way and I can see why Ken Davids gave it a 97. Great job![/quote:b298e4e170] Did you roast it or was it roasted? I''m looking for a roasting profile. just order a couple pounds. thanks, Ed

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
It was roasted in advance by Miguel. He seems to excel in the lighter roasts and I wanted to try some roasted by him first. If I were to try this out on green beans, I would go for a city roast to start and then ramp up ever so slightly from there.

I gave my neighbors some and while they thought I was crazy about the apricot flavors (all palates are different eh?), they did think it was one of the finest coffees they had ever had and promptly went to buy some!

ElPugDiablo

farmroast said:
Did you roast it or was it roasted? I''m looking for a roasting profile. just order a couple pounds. thanks, Ed
Have you asked Miguel? I am sure he is more than willing to suggest an approach for you. Also, the suggestions at roasters guild are pretty good. So how is Happy Valley these days. When you are not roasting do you go to Rao's, Amherst Coffee or Esselon?

farmroast

Jun 8, 2007
Amherst, MA.
Visit site
ElPugDiablo said:
farmroast said:
Did you roast it or was it roasted? I''m looking for a roasting profile. just order a couple pounds. thanks, Ed
Have you asked Miguel? I am sure he is more than willing to suggest an approach for you. Also, the suggestions at roasters guild are pretty good. So how is Happy Valley these days. When you are not roasting do you go to Rao's, Amherst Coffee or Esselon?
Thanks, Yes the suggestions from the Guild were helpful. As for the Happy Valley, it's starting to more resemble a Yuppie Valley. Have been to the shops you mention a couple times each. Esselon cup was excellent , Rao's was very good but was disappointed with the cup at Amherst coffee. Are you a homeroaster or do you have a shop in Hartford ? Always looking for a Roaster to visit with when on the road. Ed