Ethiopian Harar DP MAO Horse, Lot 4338 '03:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Kewl! I use a small home unit every once in a while to play with blends...I am going to install a sample roaster in my home in the next year! CAN'T WAIT! Yeah thats just what I need bring work home with me!

Aug 17, 2003
NJ
Visit site
I only drink coffee @ home. And, I only roast my own. Been doing that for some time. Cannot drink/take ANY coffee in any Coffee Shop &/or Restaurant. I gave up trying long ago (to find a place for good coffee). Not even "drinkable" coffee (of any kind--- regular, espresso, cappuccino, latte, mocha). It's all pretty bad out there (in the retail world).

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I know the feeling...I am a roaster..and I don't like to drink coffee at shops....especially when they find out I am a roaster...then they want my opinion
:(

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
topher said:
I know the feeling...I am a roaster..and I don't like to drink coffee at shops....especially when they find out I am a roaster...then they want my opinion
:(

Ya gotta develop a cover identity for drinking out! Something like Secret Coffee Agent Man!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
tintinet...he is spoiled..he can roast his own coffee. once you have had coffee that fresh you can not go back! Most large chains have a central roasting plant..so the roaster roasts the coffee...then it is sent out...to make a long story short the coffee you get at a lot of coffee shops could be anywhere from 1 week to many months old !!