Ethiopian Yirgacheffe blend

larosan

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good bean to blend with the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe ? I'm looking for an espresso or French press blend.

llm4ua

Nov 29, 2005
Visit site
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe french press

Royal Cup Coffee has an excellent Ethiopian Yirgacheffe french press. It is under the Villa Rey product line. I'm don't think you can buy it retail, you probably need to visit their website or call their 1-800 number and see if you can order it.[/b]

CaseyB78

Nov 3, 2005
Visit site
Try Brazil Oberon at a ratio of: 80% Brazil full city roast, 20% Eth. or a Sumatran coffee roasted full city at a ratio of 70/30% eth.
Roast the ethiopian light and with a few seconds of aroma roast to remove grassy notes and create body. Roast the ethiopian with a high initial heat and then with a change in degree after the first crack of one decree every 5 seconds until 10 seconds before the second crack, when you should reduce the flame to 10% of full power on a drum roaster. Dump the Eth. just before the second crack- you should hear a few cracks in the cooling tray.
If more body and crema is desired, try using a dry processed brazil or add another central american like costa rican or guatemalan to the mix.

mrgnomer

Jan 22, 2006
Canada
Visit site
I've blended 4 parts Brazillian Santos, 3 parts Yirgacheffe, 2 parts Monsoon Malibar and 1 part Indian Robusta cherry, roasted to about 2 minutes into second crack with the finish at 423F on an I Roast 2 roaster. The roast makes a smooth, sweet espresso.