Ever heard of Reneka?

Oliver77

Mar 7, 2005
Visit site
Hello guys!

I'm looking to buy a new espresso machine, and I'm hesitating between several brands... I found some info about the Reneka machines (take a look at www.reneka.com), and really like the design of their VivaS. Can anyone fill me in about this brand? What is it worth?

Thanks a lot!

phaelon56

Sep 25, 2003
Syracuse NY
Visit site
Where are you located? Easy availability of parts and service after the sale should be a major factor in your decision. I might be mistaken but I believe Reneka has extremely limited support and distribution in the US.

Oliver77

Mar 7, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for your reply Phaelon, and sorry to be so long at writing back. I was just getting desperate at finally getting an answer! :eek:)

I'm from France, and I believe this brand is based in France, according to their website. So I believe it should be ok for service and parts.

As far as the US are concerned, I heard they are distributed by Boyd. Do you know this distributor?

Ronbo

Mar 18, 2005
California
Visit site
Reneka Machines and Boyds

I know this post was like 8 months ago, but thought you might still be looking for info... I have a Reneka Viva II machine, and it and my beans are supplied by Boyds. They are based near Portland, OR. The machine has worked great for me, and the local Boyds rep made sure that if my machine ever needed service, they took care of it for me. It was a very simbiotic relationship (I bought supplies from them, and they took care of my machine). I never had to find parts/service on my own, so I don't know about that, but I am sure that if you contacted Reneka, they could connect you with a local servicer/supplier.