Everyday Coffee Recommendation?

NYCEng

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I recently found a local shop that sells a nice blend and I'm hooked. I've always enjoyed a good cup and preserve it without adding anything but I feel like this stuff I started buying is above and beyond most coffees I have been drinking. The blend I started buying is a Kona with El Salvatore beans. Pretty good stuff but I noticed my last bag was about half the size and still the same price so its time to move on.

I think we have a decent coffee machine, its a Capresso that does a fresh grind when you want a cup.

With that being said, I don't want to a $30/lb bean, its just too much for everyday use. Maybe $12/lb or less..

Should I try some different regions?? I don't like anything too bitter.

Thanks

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "NYCEng"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website. You'll find a lot of useful information here.

Does your local shop roast the coffee beans or do they just get them from someplace else?

Is the Kona and El Salvadore blend the first blend that you've enjoyed?

I used to enjoy Jamacian Blue Mountain coffee, but that got to be too expensive for everyday use. I went to a local roaster, and I tried quite a variety of coffees. I enjoyed several of them, but not as much as the Jamacian Blue Mountain. Luckily, a few years ago, a couple of the more experienced members of this forum recommended Papua New Guinea, and I've been hooked ever since.

Rose

NYCEng

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I'm pretty certain my local shop gets them from someplace else. It's one of the first more expensive blends I've bought and really enjoyed. I like it because its not bitter or artificial.

Is there an online store you recommend to buy that from or should I just google for it?

While I was reading through this forum I saw a few people talking about Jamacian Blue Mountain, next time I'm in Costco I need to see if they still have it!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Where are you located?

It's always best to find a local roaster, even if you have to drive a few miles to get there.

There are plenty of on-line options, but then you'll need to figure the cost of shipping, etc. when you go that route. Try to find a local roaster first.

If you buy coffee from Cosco, it's probably been sitting on the shelf for a while. Also, you really need to carefully read the label to see if it's actually Jamacian Blue Mountain coffee. Sometimes they make it look like it's the real deal, but it's not.

Rose

NYCEng

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Where are you located?

It's always best to find a local roaster, even if you have to drive a few miles to get there.

There are plenty of on-line options, but then you'll need to figure the cost of shipping, etc. when you go that route. Try to find a local roaster first.

If you buy coffee from Cosco, it's probably been sitting on the shelf for a while. Also, you really need to carefully read the label to see if it's actually Jamacian Blue Mountain coffee. Sometimes they make it look like it's the real deal, but it's not.

Rose

Brooklyn, NY so I'll be doing public transportation to go anywhere else.... I went back to my place because I'm all out. They revised the prices to reflect the new size but now its 12oz for $12.99 for a Kona/El Salvadore Blend. Ended up getting 1-lb of Peaberry Beans which was $16.99, packaging says Cafe Central and Cafe Caracolillo. I'll try it, hopefully its good.

MasellisCoffeeHouse

Jun 2, 2012
Cross Roads TX
Visit site
Hi, wanna try a great Italian Espresso. This is an excellent coffee for everyday without breaking the bank or sacrificing flavor. We ship priority too so you get your coffee fast. Check us out online. Maselli's Coffee House.Thanks & God Bless.

EFK

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
hey sorry for budding in lol but i would like to acquire some information from the member that is from brooklyn. i too am from brooklyn and i am trying to open up a coffee/espresso shop. it is going to be for the jewish population of my area of brooklyn and i am in desperate need of some advice on how to approach this sort of situation. my neighborhood has never had a real coffee shop just the corner store type coffees from the machines like folgers or something. therefore i am looking for a good local supplier of some awesome beans to suit my italian style coffee shop. it is still in the process of being brain stormed so it can be changed to any theme styled store or no style at all. i really am hoping to get a sort of kosher startbucks type feeling for my store so that even the common person can feel someone of class. anyone got any thoughts or ideas they are really welcomed and appreciated. ty for your time EFK