Faema home machines. Any opinions?

arossphoto

Dec 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm shopping for my first home espresso machine and here in Toronto the Italian made Faema machines seem to be a very good combination of quality and value. They have been in business here since 1957, have the largest showroom in Canada, and offer local service on all their products. I'm looking at the Faema Junior which is a "compact all Stainless Steel body, brass boiler with 18 Bar Pressure for rich crema, turbo frother for perfect Cappuccino every time. Built-in coffee tamper." The price is $550CAD and they are offering 15% off until Dec 24th. The also have a dual-boiler version for $1100CAD and the Combi Bar with a built in grinder for $850CAD, but I think a separate grinder is a good idea. I'm planning to go with the Solis Maestro Plus. I might splurge on the Rancillo Rock, but I can't tell yet if it's worth twice the price.

The Faema machines look like a good choice, but I'm a little concerned that I can't find any information or reviews about them anywhere online. The info I quoted above are also the only specs I can find. I searched these forums as well, but didn't find anything here either. The commercial machines seem to be quite popular and Faema actually invented the modern espresso machine. So why aren't the home machines more popular? Aren't they available in the U.S.?

Anybody have any opinions or feedback about Faema machines? If you could let me know soon I would appreciate it, because I'd like to take advantage of the sale if it's a good machine ;-)

Thanks very much,

Andrew

toots

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
Hello

I think its same device as the Faemart or Faema Family device.
I know there used to be a full copper body inside which was the good version and also the cheaper version made from kinda zinc or zamac.
This machine makes very good espresso coffee for its money, ofcourse its similar with dosens of other devices running on this principle. Vibrator pump, temperature not very stable because of clixon switche, keep in mind you run a cycle with acid now and then because in a while the little boiler gets filled with calc otherwise.