Filter / drip machine

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
Hi all,

This is my first post here, although I've been reading the board for about 6 months now. I was wondering if anyone has any recomedations for a good filter/drip machine.
Some of my earlist memories of coffee come from one of these machines that my father used to have. It was an old Philips machine from about 1970 with a paper filter in it. I did manage to get my hand on it a few yeas ago and managed to run off a jug. After the first jug though the machine died on me :cry: . The amazing thing was it tasted so much better than my, ahem, russell hobbs machine (is that a bad word around here?) even though it was used with the same blend.
Any ideas? :-D

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
I currently have a Bunn GR10 at work, it makes a full 12 cups in about 2 minutes time. Although not a 10 of 10 for makeing good cups of coffee, its great for my work where I have no space or time for anything else.

At home, I do own a GE connical drip, it works fine but I admit I only ever used it to make hot water for a french press or tea. I realy should just purchase a hot water tank instead hehe.