folgers, starbucks, ect.....

lunfardi

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
where do the following companies buy their coffee beans from? folgers, maxwell house, tasterschoice, hills brothers, starbucks, tasterschoice, nescafe, ect........ lets say that the folger coffee company wanted to buy coffee beans from someone in some tropical climate country or the same for starbucks, where would either specifically go about buying their coffee beans? from what coffee grower or farmer to be more exact???? how do the coffee companies in the biggest market in the world namely the united states decide from whom to buy their coffee beans from? if a coffee farmer in lets say colombia or central america wanted to sell them their coffee beans assuming it was the right quality beans at the best price, how would either of these companies be able to determine this? lets say i wanted to buy a coffee plantation in costa rica and i wanted to sell these coffee companies my coffee beans then how would i got about doing this so they could be my customers for life? can a coffee grower expert please tell me this entire process because not only do i love coffee but am fascinated to the point where maybe i would want to purchase a coffee plantation of my own! rsvp. thank you.

jdcherry

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Companies like folgers, maxwell house, nescafe pretty much purchase commodity coffee. Which means they are buying it off the market. Quality is not something they are giving much thought to. If you are looking at buying a costra rican plantation to produce quality coffee you need to target the specialty coffee industry. Check out the SCA or go to a coffee fest to get the feel of the industry.

Latest posts