For Sale: Ambex YM-15

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site
I regret that I have to sell my baby.

1996 red Ambex YM-15 coffee roaster, $9,500

I recently upgraded this roaster to include a new digital Watlow PID temperature controller with internal drum probe. The roaster is in great shape and I use it twice weekly to satisfy my personal needs and those of my friends. The past 4 years of this roaster''s life has been extremely low volume.

I''m located in NW Arkansas.

petespipe

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Ambex YM-15

Does the 1996 Ambex model reference capacity measured in pounds or kilos? I know Dietrich used to denote models by pounds and switched over to kilos. Anyhow, 15 kilos sounded like an awfully big batch for one and some friends, I thought I''d ask. Is the unit still available?

Lumberjack

Oct 17, 2007
Clearwater, Fl
Visit site
Re: Ambex YM-15

petespipe said:
Does the 1996 Ambex model reference capacity measured in pounds or kilos? I know Dietrich used to denote models by pounds and switched over to kilos. Anyhow, 15 kilos sounded like an awfully big batch for one and some friends, I thought I''d ask. Is the unit still available?

it represents Kilos.

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site

petespipe said:
Is the unit still available?

Yes it is. I'm listing on Ebay next week and I'll likely post with a reserve/buynow price of $8500. The reason I'm selling is that we are moving at the end of December and I'd prefer not to have to deal with the YM-15 during our move.

moriarty6

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site

[quote:e9275e5a40=\"jumpymonkey\"][quote:e9275e5a40=\"petespipe\"] Is the unit still available?[/quote:e9275e5a40]

Yes it is. I''m listing on Ebay next week and I''ll likely post with a reserve/buynow price of $8500. The reason I''m selling is that we are moving at the end of December and I''d prefer not to have to deal with the YM-15 during our move.[/quote:e9275e5a40]

This is a long shot I''m sure, but is this unit still available by any chance? I''m trying to find a 7-15k roaster for under $10k and I''m having a heck of a time... :?

jumpymonkey

Oct 17, 2007
NW Arkansas
Visit site

We've completed our hectic move to the Seattle area. The roaster is still available as I didn't get around to listing on E-bay or Craig's List. My intention is to downgrade to a smaller capacity roaster since 15 kilo is too impractical for my needs.

moriarty6 said:
This is a long shot I''m sure, but is this unit still available by any chance? I''m trying to find a 7-15k roaster for under $10k and I''m having a heck of a time... :?