Found a site, now how do I get it???

kalik1966

Apr 5, 2004
Visit site
Found a perfect high visibility, high traffic site on a major retail road in a nice shopping center. My problem is that I don't know where to start. I contacted the property manager of the center and was told the center has three separate owners and the local municipality (suburb of Pittsburgh) would never go for my idea because it would take up parking spaces. The lot has never been close to full in the 30 plus years I've been living here! I went to the zoning office today and they said I could apply for a variance but it's hard to get they say. All of this red tape costs a lot of money not to mention time. Who should I start hounding first? The shopping center owner, property manager, zoning board or health department?? Oh yeah, almost forgot, I want to build a single or double drive thru kiosk. I have a budget of approx. 250,000 which would have include water/sewer hookup costs as well unless anyone feels it's worth trying to go the potable water route.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi kalik1966:

This is exactly what we do, as a matter of fact I'm currently working with a gentleman from Arizona looking to do the same thing. Visit our site at www.seattlegourmetcoffee.com and print out our free catalog. This will give you a general idea of where to start.

You always want to speak with the property owner, that person is the one who will give you the okay to build on their property. A variance is not difficult to get, as long as you know how to present it. We assist all of our customers with issues like this. If you are serious about getting this project going, then contact us and we can work with you.