Fromt counter ?

zander3

Nov 8, 2006
WI
Visit site
For thoes of you who own/built your own coffee shop from the ground up, not including the building structure. Where did/can you go to buy a front counter set up where you cash register, displays etc. goes? I have been looking for a counter to put in my shop but I am having no luck. Thanks

jdandtracy

Sep 24, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
We are just starting on construction for our shop. We are using an existing building, but we have to gut it and start over. We are installing 65 linear feet of cabinets and counter. We are using polished concrete countertops (see www.concreteexchange.com for details).
If we went to a commercial company to have this done, it would cost a small fortune, approx $35,000 to $45,000. I am able to build and install my own cabinets for approx $2500 in materials, and I will be doing my own concrete counter tops for about $3000 in materials (including specialty tools I need to purchase).

If you are able to do some of this work yourself, you can save a ton of money. I am installing 1600 sq feet of white oak hardwood flooring for $5600. It would be approx $12,000 or more to have it done by a contractor... Check www.lumberliquidators.com

Are you handy at all? If so, do some research about how to do some of this stuff, and decide what you can do yourself... It could save you a fortune in fit & finish costs.

JD