full auto commercial suggestions?

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
We have purchased our vehicle for a mobile operation and are in the process of working it up. When we bought the vehicle we planned on a semi auto dual head like the one in our shop, but I'm trying to determine if a full auto would be better for our mobile operation. This vehicle will end up at some large events and needs to put out drinks fast. One think I like about reading on some of these full auto's is they refrigerate or store milk, they froth or steam right into the desired cup, and thus I have less need for cleaning, sinks and milk storage?

Ideas?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I have a ton of experience when it comes to milk frothing systems. If you don't baby it, it will not be worth your time. There so much of a pain in my ass, I don't offer them to my customers anymore. I am so tired of having to replace tubing or solenoids that fail when milk dries. I would suggest any type of a machine that has an auto frothing system. Cimbali sell the M2 Super auto with a Turbosteam. They also sell it on their traditional lines as well.

I just saw an add for Nuova Simonelli offering a system like this too. This is a much better route to go.

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Thanks CC

I have bookmarked info on the M2 and its a leading candidate. I was wondering if any of those smaller "commercial" machines would do...at $1k a piece or less I could do two of those easy

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
A small machine like a Jura Capresso wouldn't be able to handle the load. Hell it can't even make a full 16oz drink in under a minute and half. Now tack on a line of 3 or 4 customers and now you have a problem. The other thing is those machines aren't meant for commercial use.

I have a few out there in the market and it’s a nightmare. They weren't designed for the loads they are being used for. So they break. I have sold a few M2's, the only draw back I have found is it takes a while to steam 4 drinks at once. But as soon as you get done you can turn right around and do it again.

But if you’re doing 1 or 2 drinks at a time its great! I love this machine, it is a breeze to setup. Its easy to maintain, and it looks great. The feature I really like is that you can mix espresso as it’s being ground to produce half caff drinks. I have found that you can go as far as 75% decaff and 25% regular and it still taste great. Most of my clients have chosen a 50/50 blend. You really get the best of both worlds

slugline

Nov 12, 2005
Visit site
Commercial superautos

Check out Jura commercial models X7 and X90. They are on sale at Zaccardis.com in New York ranging from 2K to 3K with dual grinders.

Latest posts