Gaggia Cubika - Severe button problems and electrical safety

swisswuff

Apr 25, 2004
Switzerland
Visit site
We bought a Gaggia Cubika in November, and the machine has now twice been 'repaired' for severe problems regarding electrical safety and buttons being stuck.

I have web-published a little video (Quicktime) that shows the problem and illustrates it:

http://www.swisswuff.ch/pnphoenix721/ht ... =0&thold=0

So far, neither Carrefour nor Gaggia customer service cared enough to do something about it, which is why at this moment I personally would not recommend anyone to buy a Gaggia Cubika coffee machine. After repeated failure of 'fixing' the problem despite clear presence of it, I also have my doubts on whether the customer service of Gaggia is actually 'able' to 'fix' any technical problem. At this moment, I am not encouraged to buy any other coffee machine of that company.

Wolf Schweitzer.

swisswuff

Apr 25, 2004
Switzerland
Visit site
Thanks for the offer :)

Thanks for the offer :) Now it's still about the warranty (the machine is just 1/2 year old).

As soon as I am ready to 'void the warranty', I'll go get some *real* switches instead of the provided plastic garbage and replace them myself... I don't even understand why they didn't put in some themselves, but as you say... don't ask.

It surprises me even more, as none of their *other* coffee machines have such crappy buttons. They all come with regular industry - style buttons that seal to the case.

Wolf.