Generator requirements? Decaf surprise

cloudsipper

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Some of you have trailer based operations or have set up kiosks where power is not available. Any recommendations on generators? sizes? Experience with specific manufacturers? Noise?, Exhaust?

I plan to do some espresso & coffee vending next spring in our local farmer's market, and may even try my hand at a trailer based op before then. I run a single group BrewtusII and a Bunn pourover-> airpot, and a Baratza grinder . Might consider doing a roast outside with the GeneCafe. All are 110V, and individually less than 1500 W each.

BTW my recent craft fair experience was modestly successful,(translation: broke even + with the $40 exhibit fees, purchase of syrups, etc). One of the biggest surprises was the excitement about a freshly roasted DECAF ! Who knew? It's definitely going to be in my arsenal in the future. The dark roasts were a hit also, but may have been more of an impulse sale.

Lessons learned: Find out if the food vendor also sells coffee ! :( Pretty hard to compete with free coffee! Next year I'll try to work a deal to provide ALL the coffee for the event.