GETTING A NEW 3 GROUP MACHINE FOR MELBOURNE CAFE! HELP!

Phat_Boy!

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi Guys! wow cant beleive ive found a coffee forum. My cafes located in Melbourne Carnegie.
Coffee brand we use is Gravity. Weve asked to be upgraded to a new 3 group machine. Currently we use a 2 group Megacrema. That is the only name i could find on the machine. ive never heard of it before.
The want to give us a machine that has strange name and i cant spell
it correctly but someone may be able to help.

Azoygoyon
Anoyozgon
Anyogon
Zyogon

If anyone could shed some light on this machine they want to give us that could be a pile of junk pleeeeeeeeeeease help!!!

Its Azkoyen for sure. Its a Spanish Brand. When we were looking for a machine partner a few years back t was one of the brands we looked at. The machines look solid enough, but for my location I prefered the brand we went with (I have extraordinary operating considerations here that you would not have in Melbourne). :grin:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey P.B.:

It may be a private label machine from one of the larger espresso machine manufacturers. Not quite sure. Now who is they??? Is it the coffee roaster you are buying coffee from? If so, do they have the support for this machine? Is there anything wrong with the current 2 group machine you are using? If not, then why change? What you have to consider is if you are going to upgrade to a bigger machine, do a search for the more well know machines and ones that you will be able to find qualified local support for. Be careful you might be opening an expensive can of worms :wink:

Hey A.E. since you've checked out these machines before, do you have a clue about it? I've never heard of this particular machine. :oops:

Hey C.G. Just dug the brouchure up from my supremely well organised (cough...cough) filing system. The machines look stylish the info I have is for their "Bravo" line and the "Vienna" line. Website is http://www.azkoyen.com They seem to make nearly everything, which maybe a reason I did not consider them initially (I cant really remember it was a while ago). I guess I can not really comment with authority on the brand- but the website might help P.B decide on whether he want s one or not.

Phat_Boy!

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Azkoyen!!!! That the one!!!
Thanks so much for finding that out. Cant find any information about their performance. Im guessing they are not a widely used machine. hmmm not too impressed so far

Sorry P.B that I cant really give more information to help you out. I guess the main thing is you should ask the roaster supplying you with the machine for some other cafe references and then politely ask whether you can have a look and a chat with the cafe owners. It might help you to decide for better/or for worse. Good luck

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I will say this, the Azkoyen from a technical stand point is a breeze to work on! I think the coolest feature is the touch pads rotate up so you get access solenoid valves.

I got a say it is a fun little machine. Now the auto grinder is a whole different story. Great grinder, just a thorn in my side when it breaks!

That’s my 2 cents worth! :grin:

Phat_Boy!

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hmmm...hopefully the one we get doesnt have an auto grinder. Definetly want a stand alone unit that we can adjust during the day