Getting roasted coffee straight from the coffee plantation?

Coffeetaster

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
For many years I always thought to have access to coffee from the source even when I was traveling to the U.S. or elsewhere, not from a supermarket or coffee shop but straight from the coffee plantation.

I'm from Guatemala, I come from a family of coffee growers and coffee for us is an art. So I always wanted to give that option to the U.S. & European consumer , have fresh roasted traceable coffee from the Antigua Guatemala coffee region, as you may know, it is one of the best coffee regions in the World.-

So as a consumer, would that be something you might like to have access to, get coffee straight from the plantation, not only that, but to know that before your coffee leaves the plantation, expert coffee tasters make sure you get the best quality ever in every drop of coffee you are getting, to get free shipping and get your coffee 5 days later after it was shipped?? Would love to hear your comments.........

thanks

the CoffeeTaster

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
That is a great idea, it would also be nice to get green beans that way. I visited Costa Rica this year and toured a coffee plantation and had the opportunity of buying their coffee right from the farm.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Wouldn't it be less expensive to buy from a reputable roaster here in the states? Just out of curiosity how much would a pound sell for including shipping from origin and what kind of customs headache would there be??

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Hey Pug..how many times have you heard,"why is your Kona or Jamaican so expensive?" " I bought it when I was on vacation and paid a quarter of what you charge." Truth is that the best quality is shipped out....