Getting Started at Home

baristaraimo

Jan 20, 2023
Millburn, NJ
Visit site
I've not seen coffee makers with Strength selection other than the Grind and Brew machines. Can you please recommend a few?
Thanks
This article about Coffee Machine Bold Button will clarify its function. Many brands manufacture coffee machines with bold settings. Some models I can recall right now are Cuisinart DCC3200P1, DeLonghi COM532M, and Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio 2-Way. You can also ask the supplier for more options that suit your needs.
Thanks.

BaldEagle

May 3, 2023
Laguna Niguel CA
Visit site
I hadn't ... and I'm a (tiny) reseller of Bonavita but haven't bought much post-COVID. It does look like there is a significant lawsuit. That's unfortunate because they were great machines. And also explains some supply chain issues I ran into when I was going to repurchase. I currently only sell the Simply Good Coffee brewers... they are style like the Technoverm but lack the stainless carafes, which I'm a huge fan of. It kinda leaves a gap in the market for a quality brewer at the price point.
I'm looking at the Breville Smart Grinder Pro. the display shows Grind Time, Shots/Cups, Grind Size. My question is, knowing the grind size and number of cups, why does the time need to be varied? Why time at all?

BaldEagle

May 3, 2023
Laguna Niguel CA
Visit site
I hadn't ... and I'm a (tiny) reseller of Bonavita but haven't bought much post-COVID. It does look like there is a significant lawsuit. That's unfortunate because they were great machines. And also explains some supply chain issues I ran into when I was going to repurchase. I currently only sell the Simply Good Coffee brewers... they are style like the Technoverm but lack the stainless carafes, which I'm a huge fan of. It kinda leaves a gap in the market for a quality brewer at the price point.
Just made the first pour with my Clever, grinding with the Virtuoso+ using grind size 15. Wanted to weigh beans in hopper but bottom doesn't stop up the bottom Getting past that, I wanted to do a 400g water pour but ended up with 434g. Brew ratio turned out to be 16, but the coffee was pretty good. A little acidic but strong. Would you please tell me your process making coffee with the Clever?
Thanks.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
Don't forget, the graduations on the carafe are not standardized. They are likely about 5 to 6 ounces of coffee each. 14 "cups" at 5 ounces each is 70 ounces of coffee, or about 7 or eight mugs regular mugs of coffee. That is two coffees for three people, which is not that outrageous.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I've not seen coffee makers with Strength selection other than the Grind and Brew machines. Can you please recommend a few?
Thanks
The best coffee happens when you ignore all that stuff. Use the brew machine, set on regular. Use the ratios as I have described, ignore the graduations on the machine, and you are off to the races.

Apeace

Nov 4, 2023
USA
Visit site
My personal recommendation would be to try a French press or a pour-over method. They give you more control over the strength of your brew. As for equipment, consider investing in a high-quality burr grinder for freshly ground beans and a reliable coffee maker like a Technivorm Moccamaster or a Breville Precision Brewer. For example, you can apply to redstag supplies customer service and consult. And don't forget to experiment with different beans and grind sizes until you find your perfect cup.

Last edited:

Latest posts